Tuesday, June 5, 2012

An Even Better Coffee Creamer


If you tried out the Honey Vanilla Creamer and liked it, you're gonna love this one! 

While it doesn't use goat milk, it does use half-and-half.  I bought a 2 cup carton (the smallest my supermarket carries) for a recipe last week that only called for 1 cup. 

I can't stand to waste food.  So, I thought I'd find a way to use that other cup of half-and-half before it goes foul in my refrigerator. 

And . . . Voila!    Another homemade coffee creamer!

Homemade Vanilla Creamer

1/8 c. packed brown sugar
1/8 c. honey
1/2 Tbs. vanilla extract (the real stuff, if possible)
1 c. half and half

Combine brown sugar, vanilla, and honey in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.  Stir occasionally until sugar is melted.  Don't let it get too hot or bubbly. 

Remove from burner and slowly whisk in the half-and-half. 

Store in a glass container in your fridge for a week or so.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment