Sunday, June 24, 2012

"This Is the Best Dessert I've Ever Had!"

Yep.  My husband actually made this exclamation at dinner last night.  Let's hear it again, shall we:
"This is the best dessert I've ever had!"

Wow!  And, I made it! 

Now, if you have an icecream maker, go get it.  Seriously.  Right now.  You'll be glad you did.  I'll wait for you to get back. 





Got it?  You won't be sorry.  This recipe for Strawberry Frozen Yogurt is AMAZING and so easy!

Ingredients:
2 c. fat free plain yogurt (I used the goat milk yogurt that I make, but store-bought should work fine)
2 c. pureed fresh strawberries
1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
1 c. fat free milk (I used goat milk, of course)
3 tsp. vanilla (I actually left out the vanilla. I wish I could say it was a stylistic choice, but actually I just forgot it!   It turned out SO good without it, but I'll probably add it next time.)

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.  Fill the cylinder of your ice cream maker and freeze according to the machine's directions.  When finished, place the cylinder in the freezer for a couple hours.  At serving time, set out a few minutes to soften.




This actually firmed up much better than traditional homemade ice cream.  I suspect that you could substitute other fruits for the pureed strawberries.   Peaches are still in season and would probably be yummy.  I'm thinking that'll be my next one to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment