Thursday, February 28, 2013

A "Number" of Updates

Well, it's the last day of February (where did this month go?), so it seems like a good time to update you on some general goings on and NY resolutions progress:

# of cranky, momma-to-be goats in the backyard . . . 2
# of impatient humans inside . . . 2 (Girl 2 and I have had about enough of this waiting game!)
# of tomato plants growing in guest room . . . 24
# of cats who are welcome in our backyard . . . 2
# of cats we currently feed in our backyard . . . 7 (this is one less than yesterday. Poor black neighbor cat. The kids were oddly intrigued rather than disgusted by the road kill, though.)
# of new garden boxes painted . . . 0. because . . .
# of degrees it's been outside this week . . . about 35
# of laying hens that currently reside in our backyard . . . 11
# of eggs they produce per day, on average. . . 4 (it seems they're taking a little winter vacation)
# of rooms I've deep cleaned so far . . . 1 (Ugghh. The family-wide flu threw me off, and I can't seem to get back on schedule)
# of miles I've run so far in 2013 . . . 115 (the deep-cleaned-rooms statistic had me a little down, but this one makes me feel less like a total slacker!)
# of minutes it took me to type this post on my phone since our home Internet is down . . . 15
# of typos it contains because it was typed with only my thumb. . . I'd rather not even know! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment