Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Broccoli Grape Harvest Salad

Um.  Seriously.  So good.


As an adult I've found I'm drawn to a few things on the buffet line that never would have interested me when I was younger.  One of those things is salad.  I LOVE salad.  I love tossed salad, chopped salad, tuna salad, Elizabeth's chicken salad (if anyone would like to make me a really happy girl, ask me to lunch at Elizabeth's -- please), pasta salad, potato salad.  I think you get the idea. 

And, this salad, which I whipped up at the beginning of the week and stored in the fridge, has got me looking forward to lunchtime every day. 

Here's what you need:

1/2 box whole wheat bow-tie pasta (cooked)
large head of broccoli, florets cut into small pieces
1/2 c. light mayo
1/2 c. Greek yogurt
1/3 c. sugar (or sugar substitute)
1/3 c. diced red onion
1/3 c. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. salt
2 c. seedless red grapes
6 turkey bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
1/4 c. chopped pecans, toasted

In a large bowl, whisk together mayo, yogurt, sugar, onion, vinegar, and salt.  Toss with broccoli, still-warm-from-cooking pasta, and grapes.  Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.  Stir in the bacon and toasted pecans just before serving. 

Because I've been eating this a little each day, I kept the bacon and pecans out and just sprinkled them atop each serving. 



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment