Thursday, February 21, 2013

Super Easy CrockPot Spinach Tortellini

I don't know what the weather looks like where you are, but it's pretty icy and wet here today. This kind of weather merits some belly-warming dinner!  Here's a recipe that definitely fits the bill!


Throw all of the following into the CrockPot:
1 lb. turkey sausage, browned
1 bag frozen cheese tortellini
1 box frozen spinach (or one bag fresh)
2 cans tomatoes with italian seasoning (I used my canned tomatoes -- my very last ones --sniff, sniff--, so I had to add my own italian herbs)
1 block fat free cream cheese, chunked up
4 c. (one box) chicken broth

Cook for 5-6 hours.


We loved this soup!  It actually made enough to feed us twice.  John remarked that it was interesting because it had a creamy base but still felt light (he can't stand for his food to feel "heavy").  I'd credit the fat free cream cheese for that.  Another thing I like about this meal is that (other than the cream cheese, which will last awhile in the fridge) all the ingredients are freezer or shelf stable, so I can have them on hand for a day like today when I wouldn't dare leave the house without a 4-wheel-drive!


No comments:

Post a Comment