Saturday, July 7, 2012

Zucchini Boats

"Are they like ants on a log?" my kids wanted to know.  Well, not exactly.  So, what is it?  This is perhaps the yummiest zucchini recipe yet!  And, it spruces up plain-'ole zucchini with the addition of summer-sweet cherry tomatoes!  This was also my first opportunity to use the goat milk mozzarella I slaved over for an entire morning last week -- if I do not get quicker and better at making it, I vow never again to complain about the cost of semi-soft/hard cheeses.

1. Cut your zucchini in half lengthwise and trim a little off the bottoms so that the boats don't rock while in the baking dish.
2. Scoop out the center where the seeds are with a spoon.
3.  Brush the surface with a mixture of crushed garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Arrange halved cherry tomatoes into the grooves and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
5.  Bake in a 350-degree oven for 30-40 minutes, until desired tenderness is reached.
6.  Remove from oven and place shredded mozzarella in between the tomatoes.  Place under the broiler for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is golden and bubbling.
7.  Sprinkle with grated Paremsan and serve!.

Doesn't that look delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Yes!!!! It looks delicious!! I'm making these today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! I need me some zucchini. Didn't have any at the farmers market today.
    Nana

    ReplyDelete