Our organic backyard beets are ready for juicing!
This morning, John and I (no, not the kids) enjoyed a beet and apple combination that, according to Natural News, boasts these health benefits:
1. improves blood structure by building red blood cells
2. improves circulation
3. cures diseases of the large intestine and digestive system
4. dissolves stones in the liver, kidneys, and bladder
5. lowers blood pressure
6. improves HDL levels (good cholesterol)
7. increases the number of CD8 cells in the colon, which are cancer-destroying cells
To borrow a line from the article: "Not bad for a common item found in most grocery stores."