Monday, August 26, 2013

Dust Buster Victory

See this sad little squash plant?
I've fought a valiant fight against those mighty squash bugs, but, alas, they will defeat me.

I mean, just look at this.  I ought to just wave the white flag of surrender and cut my losses.  But, I couldn't resist the urge to get in one more good fight.  So, last night, I charged up my weapon as I slept, plotting a morning sneak attack.

Then, before they knew what was going on, I dusted-busted up TONS of those suckers!  The soil was just damp enough that the suction pulled in the bugs but not the soil.  And, when the dust settled on the battlefield, I'd collected well over a hundred bugs.  I emptied the canister into some soapy water and watched them all drown. 

The squash bugs will definitely win this war.  I'm gracious enough to admit that.  But, in today's battle, my friends, I was the victor!

No comments:

Post a Comment