Friday, October 26, 2012

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Yesterday, the girls wore shorts to school.  Today, they wore coats.  Such is the weather here in Arkansas.  One day it's summer, the next it's winter -- or so it seems.

Anyway, following his bi-annual feed run to Thayer, Missouri (have I mentioned that we're very particular about our animal's feed and have to drive all the way to Thayer to get the kind we want?) earlier this week, John came home announcing that he'd picked me up a surprise. 

Now, I know some women whose thoughts might've immediately drifted to flowers or some other nonsense, but I know better.  John is far too practical for all that.  Besides, he had just returned from the feed store. 
This is what I got -- deerskin Thinsulate-lined gloves!  I was thrilled.  They are so soft AND warm. 

He, of course, got himself a pair, too.  I know that a lot of folks might take cold weather as an indicator that it's time to stay indoors more, but we don't ascribe to that.  We couldn't even if we wanted to.  Too many animals depend on us. So, a gift of winter work gloves is a great one!

John wore his this morning and came in from his chores proclaiming that the key to staying happy outdoors in the cold is keeping your extremities warm -- hands, feet, and head.  I've definitely found this to be true when running in the cold, too. 

If you do a lot of work outside during the winter, I'd advise you to pick up a pair of good, warm gloves.  At $20.95, these are not the cheapest on the shelf, but they're a good investment in your winter happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment