Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Buying Bulk

Sunday evening, I made my once-every-two-months trip to Cherokee Village to pick up my Country Life Natural Foods order.  In cooperation with a bunch of folks from that area, I order lots of organic pantry items through them.  Included in this month's order was a bottle of dried parsley so big that, as John said, Little Boy may be graduating from high school before we make it to the bottom of it!  As you can see, Girl 1 was astounded by its size.  (I love this photo!  You can really see her crazy-teeth situation.  I'm telling you, it's getting hard to feed these girls -- they hardly have any teeth right now!  She's got water bottle in hand because we were on our way out the door for a family run at the track :)
 

I absolutely love their flours, and we've really been going through it quickly around here, so this time I decided to go ahead and buy the big bag (I put a measuring cup in the photo for size comparison).  Luckily, we've got a big enough pantry to house all this stuff.

It's too bad bulk flour doesn't come in fabric bags anymore.  It would've been fun to try to make use of the flour sacks. 

If you're interested in checking out this company, visit their website at www.clnf.org.  If you'd like to get in on our next co-op order, contact me and I'll get you a catalog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment