Saturday, April 6, 2013

You Know You've Had a Good Yard Sale When . . .


Let us consider all the ways yesterday's yard sale was a success:

1.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous!
2.  I got rid of enough stuff that the leftovers fit neatly into my van and were hauled in the afternoon to the donation center (translation:  nothing unwanted made its way back into the house).
3.  The kids each sold a few things and now have some spending money.
4.  I sold enough stuff to purchase (through Heifer International) a goat for a family in need.  (We love to buy goats for others since we know firsthand how great they can be!)
5.  I was able to multi-task and reorganize/clean out the garage in between helping shoppers.
6.  I enjoyed some fun conversation with fellow neighbors.
7.  It was all finished and cleaned up by noon, plenty of time for my little helper to have a nap!

Yep, an excellent yard sale, if you ask me!

A special thank you to Tami, Howard, and Teresa for helping out with the clothing rack!  I so appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment