Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Prepare to Be Disgusted . . .

WARNING:  Before you read this, you will want to put down that bowl of cheese puffs or fruit roll-up or Cadbury egg.

Did You Know . . .
The average American ingests about 14 lbs. of chemicals per year in the form of food additives (colorings, artificial flavorings, preservatives, pesticides, herbicides, antibiotics, hormones and heavy metals).

14 POUNDS!!!  Enough said.

Statistic courtesy of William Powers' 12x12:  A One Room Cabin Off the Grid and Beyond the American Dream

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you on this! Disgusting. Everytime my child is given candy, fruit snacks, etc...I cringe. I keep this stuff out of my house as much as possible. (Although, grandparents tend to bring over prizes) I would rather them eat fresh fruit or veggies. It doesn't help that I am not the only one feeding my children. Plus the school food has the pink slime in it. UGGH!

    ReplyDelete