Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Foaming Hand Soap

At our house, we go through a lot of hand soap.  Particulary, I love foaming hand soap, because I think the kids it doesn't make as much of a sticky mess when the kids get it all over the bathroom. So, I was quite happy to discover a way to save $$ on it.  If you've discovered Pinterest, you've probably aleady learned this, but I'm willing to risk being "so last week" for the sake of those of you who haven't yet discovered this money saver (the "money saver" being DIY foaming soap, not Pinterest -- defnitely not Pinterest.  If I followed through on even half the projects I've pinned on there, I'd be knee-deep in debt to Hobby Lobby). 

There's a little secret that you need to know about foaming hand soap.  Lean in, and I'll whisper it to you.  Ready? 

It's just watered down soap.  What makes it foam is the special pump.

Seriously. 

So, when you run out of your watered down soap you paid $3.50 for at the store (I'm not mocking you. I did it, too), save that bottle!  Add 1-2 Tbs. of soap to the bottom of your empty bottle.   To keep it pure, try Dr. Bronner's liquid castille soap and fill nearly to the top with water.  Gently turn the bottle to mix the soap with the water (don't shake or you'll just create a bubbly mess).

Now, you've just spent pennies on a bottle of hand soap, which I know from experience will make you less upset when you see that half the bottle has been squirted out all over the bathroom counter.  :)

1 comment: