Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Zucchini Chips

Last year, I'd found a recipe for zucchini chips on Pinterest and gave them a try, but they didn't really turn out right.  At my most recent River Valley Canners meeting, though, we were learning about all kinds of dehydration, and I decided to give zucchini chips another try on my dehydrator.


These were super easy.  I coated my dehydrator trays with non-stick spray and covered them with thinly-sliced zucchini rounds.  I sprinkled them with salt and Tony Chachere's and allowed them to dehydrate for about a day. The result is a spicy, healthy chip!  

My zucchini vines have now basically given themselves over to the squash vine borers (errrgggggg!), but if you're more lucky than I am, you may have zucchini coming out your ears right about now.  This is a great way to make use of all that extra zucchini, and if dehydrated well enough and stored in an airtight container, your chips ought to have a long shelf life.

No comments:

Post a Comment